USS JUNEAU MEMORIAL CENTER DEDICATION
13 November 2013
The USS Juneau Memorial Center was dedicated on November 13th to honor the crewmen of the USS Juneau cruiser that sunk during battle in World War II. The original structure, formerly known as Building 77, was built between 1917 and 1918 by the Federal Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company as part of what became a 175 acre campus to construct Navy Ships during World War II. The forge shop at Building 77 helped produce over 500 battleships, cruisers, steamers, barges and bridges between 1917 and 1949. The Juneau Center now houses offices and serves as the Command Center for the Hudson County Office of Emergency Management. Read more about the dedication ceremony and remarks by Mayor Alberto G. Santos in the Kearny news article.